1. You may be able to do daily activities more easily: Activity helps condition your heart, lungs, and muscles. This can help you get through your daily activities without feeling tired.
2. You can help control your weight: Activity helps your body use the calories you eat instead of storing them as fat. Your body continues to burn calories at a higher rate after you are active.
3. Activity can increase your health: Activity helps lower your risk for cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and stroke. Activity can help you control your blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and lower your cholesterol. If you have arthritis, activity can help your joints move more easily and with less pain.
4. Your bones and muscles will get stronger: This will help prevent osteoporosis and reduce your risk for falls.
5. Activity can help improve your mood: Activity can reduce or prevent depression and stress. Activity can also help improve your sleep.